I love Christmas and everything that comes with it but there is nothing better than shopping out in the cold, being wrapped up in a big coat and grabbing a hot chocolate. I always love getting a Costa or Starbucks and seeing what Christmas cups they have!
After a good, long look on Pinterest and trying a few recipes out myself I have seen and made the P E R F E C T hot chocolate recipe and wanted to share it with you guys. I have seen many recipes and have kind of made me own, so if you enjoy it you have Pinterest to thank!
What You Will Need
- Double Cream
- Nutella (or a chocolate spread of your choice)
- Vanilla Extract
- Milk chocolate Chips
- Icing sugar
- Pour the equivalent of two cups of milk into a saucepan.
- Add one cup (half of your first measurement) of double cream into the saucepan at low heat.
- While the creme and milk are warming up add 3-4 heaped table spoons of Nutella.
- Add 100 grams of chocolate chips and mix until the chocolate chips and Nutella are fully melted.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- Mix thoroughly and keeping it at a low heat.
Now its time for the cream…
- Add 2 cups of cold cream into a mixing bow.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Now add 100 grams of icing sugar and mix until disolved. You can add more icing sugar if needed, depending on how sweet you like your cream.
Now grab your favorite mug and fill it with hot chocolate, add cream on top and to top if off (if you have any left over) sprinkle a few chocolate chips for decoration.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I have! Let me know your favourite recipes and what festive drinks you guys like to drink in winter!