Brighton Girl Problems! This has to be one of my favourite blogs to read. I love sitting down with a cuppa and just relaxing while I read through them. They are always interesting and I love the style of writing. There are so many interesting posts and they are all so relevant to me, I just love them! So of course I was super excited when I got a reply in my inbox! I loved reading this back and I hope you guys to do too, if you haven’t checked it out already you H A V E to!
I will just add quickly that this blog is created by someone anonymously which I really quite like. We don’t know her name or age but we do know that this great blog has been going for 4 years!
- How did you first get into blogging? Who inspired you?
I’ve always loved writing, it’s the only thing I’ve really ever been any good at. I always said I wanted to be a writer, ever since I was a little girl. I started my blog as a follow on from my Twitter account, to have a bigger platform to type out everything that I wanted to say – which was a lot, and still is!
2. How would you describe your blogging style?
I feel like it’s quite an honest, uncensored one! I hope so anyway. My content is beauty, fashion, travel, food, relationships, love, advice, health, mental health, friendship – literally everything!
3. How do you come up with new and fresh ideas for your blog?
The general world around me always gives me ideas, I’ll hear two women chatting and think ‘Oooh that would make an interesting blog topic!’. I always quickly jot things down so that I don’t forget.
4. How do you make sure you always have time to blog? (time management)
It’s really difficult because life always gets in the way. I always aim to post 3 times a week but that comes in ebbs and flows as you can’t control what happens. I was in hospital having an operation that I didn’t expect in August, so when I was recovering I posted a lot, but then when I was back on my feet and rushing around again, I didn’t post as much! I love my blog and want to give it as much attention as I can, but life gets so busy.
5. Who are your top 3 bloggers?
- Cate in the Kitchen – She’s a Brighton food blogger and such a lovely girl. She comes up with such creative, innovative ideas and recipes.
- Laura of LauraLouiseBeauty.co.uk – she’s a makeup artist and beauty blogger and is a fountain of knowledge and puts so much time and effort and detail into her posts.
- Hayley from London Beauty Queen – an amazing writing style, great content and beautiful pictures.
6. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I absolutely love reading, I’d love nothing more than spending a day in bed reading a book! I love going out for meals and cocktails with my friends and putting the world to rights, and as materialistic as this may sound, I LOVE shopping, especially with my mum – I know where I get my shopping addiction from!
7. (if you get any) How do you deal with negative comments and feedback about your blog?
I just don’t care what the negative people think, quite simply. They must have very sad lives if they take the time out of their day to message and tweet and comment abuse and negative things to someone they don’t know, so I just pity them really!
8. What camera do you use to take your blog pictures with?
I was using a Canon, but I use an Olympus Pen (sometimes) and actually my phone most of the time…I know that sounds unprofessional but it works well for me!
9. For new bloggers. . . how do you find the money to fund your blog posts? (e.g Buying the latest makeup products to either test out or review)
Review makeup you already own, and buy cheap, drugstore makeup from brands like MUA, where products cost about £1. Get in contact with brands that you like and politely pitch yourself and let them know that it would be great to work on reviewing some of their products, because that way you’ll be getting sent PR samples that will create further content for your blog, and then the brand also gets a review/promotion. Don’t be disheartened if you get turned down or don’t get a reply, you’ll get there! Also if you can, ask for the items that are a little more expensive for birthdays/Christmas.
10. How do you keep your readers interested?
Engaging with them, writing about things they want to read about and creating up to date, current content
11. What is the greatest satisfaction about being a blogger?
Definitely having an empty inbox (can’t remember the last time I had one) and getting a post live that’s taken ages to edit!
12. What is the best way to gain more reader on your blog site?
Social media! Sharing your blog posts, using hash tags and key words, tagging brands, and engaging with other bloggers and with your readers.
13. For anyone thinking about starting a blog of their own, what advice do you have for them?
Do it for the right reasons, be yourself and write about what you’re passionate about. Don’t compare yourself to other bloggers, who may be on their Chapter 50 whilst you’re only on your Chapter 3! Work hard and enjoy it.
I loved reading this back, because I have read this blog for a while now it was so great that I have been able to be in contact with the brains behind the blog! I hope you guys enjoy it and if you have never checked it out before then please do. . . I’m sure you will love it!