- Tell us about yourself . . .
Millie, 21, I’ve been blogging about my passion for photography and things beauty since January 2016.
- How did you first get into blogging? Who inspired you?
I’d been a casual reader of blogs, mostly found through searching for a review of a specific product, but I can’t really say anybody in particular inspired me. I was definitely drawn to the ‘blogger aesthetic’ (if you know what I mean!) and the prospect of being in-the-know with my favourite beauty brands, like about latest launch dates etc. I decided to start my own blog when I started my first year of University (cue sob story about how I had no friends, was lonely etc) and needed a hobby to fill my spare time.
- How would you describe your blogging style?
Honestly I’ve no idea?! I never really think about achieving a style, I just kind of go with whatever I’m currently interested in. Perhaps my style is personal?
- How do you come up with new and fresh ideas for your blog?
I’ve got a keen eye for new beauty products, the best beauty bargains and I love to go into detail about my latest photo shoots. I always try to stay up to date with what’s current in the beauty world, and try and review what’s relevant.
- How do you make sure you always have time to blog?
If anything blogging itself is a form of procrastination. Time management isn’t my strong point!
- Who are your top 3 bloggers?
- Eleni at http://www.rougenapples.com she’s such a lovely lady and the speed at which she snaps up the latest beauty launches is incredible! She’s even more on the ball than I am, and I thought I was a beauty junkie!
- Maria http://www.lifewithmaria.co.uk – her SFX make up skills are incredible and she’s also a lovely person, plus we live really close to each other (although we’ve never met and I followed her blog before realising this) which makes me think about what a small world it is!
- From across the pond is Malori, https://awalkthroughmycloset.com, she’s lovely and I am obsessed with her blog of late. She blogs about fashion with lots of lifestyle pieces in between, plus she dedicated a whole post to dogs so, what’s not to love?
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
Photography, Netflix, shopping and spending time with my pugs.
- How do you deal with negative comments and feedback about your blog?
I’ve not had any yet, thankfully!
- What camera do you use to take your blog pictures with?
- For new bloggers. . . how do you find the money to fund you blog posts?
Work outside of blogging, and batting my eyelids at my boyfriend when we’re in the middle of Debenham’s beauty department.
- How do you keep your readers interested?
I like to think I’m consistent, which I hope brings regular readers. What I mean is, I think you kind of know what you’re going to get with me: neutral, in-depth reviews; swatches of everything; what I review is always relevant, but also fun (again, I hope!).
- What is the greatest satisfaction about being a blogger?
Being offered money in exchange for a post. Like, actual money! I know it probably sounds conceited, but I never thought I’d ever get to this stage.
- What is the best way to gain more reader on your blog site?
Constant promotion: schedule tweets, keep up to date with your Facebook page etc.
- For anyone thinking about starting a blog of their own, what advice do you have for them?
Don’t try to do what I did and design it yourself, because if it’s anything like my efforts back in 2016, it’ll look terrible and amateurish. I was hesitant to bite the bullet and pay £35 for my blog design, but it now looks so much more streamlined and professional, I think PRs took me more seriously as a result. My blog got a lot more attention after I bought a design. So my advice is, if you’re going to commit to blogging as a serious hobby (or even career), get a professional design sorted!
This was a great one for me to read back! It was so relateable for me and as I have followed and read this blog for a few months now, I have compleatly fallen in love with Millies style of writing and her reviews! Check her out and share it, you guys will love it.